From the airport: We recommend you take a taxi. Right after you
go through customs, go to the "taxi oficial" counter, for $13.000 (some USD
$25) they will bring you to your hotel through santiago's brand new
highway (costanera norte). Make sure the taxi does take the highway as
this will save you 25 minutes. The trip should be around 25 min long.
Another option is to approach the "Tur Bus" or the "Transvip" counter,
they run vans that will drive you to your hotel for $5.000 or so (USD $9).
The trip should be around 50 min long.
To the airport: Simply ask your hotel to call a taxi or van
for you. The rates will be approximately the same as above. If you choose
to take a taxi, again make sure it takes the highway. You could also catch
a taxi on the street. In this case, it is a good idea to agree on a price
beforehand, if you offer $10.000 the driver will most likely accept.
You do not need to tip taxi drivers in Chile
Participants have to arrange for their own hotel reservation in
Santiago. Below you will find a list of hotels with their approximate
rates. Please ask confirmation of the rates while doing your
- Hostal Don Alfredo
- Alberto Henckel 2360, Providencia
- Phone: (562) 205 5929
- Contact person: Carmen
- Rate: single USD 25 /night, double USD 35 /night
- Hotelera Los Nogales
- Los Nogales 741, Providencia
- Phone: (562) 353 1000
- Fax: (562) 334 8894
- Contact person: Gerardo Bernal firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rate: single USD 60 /night, double USD 70 /night, triple USD 80
- Hotel Capducal (Recommended by
- Avda. Suecia 281, Providencia
- Phone: (562) 231 1400
- Fax: (562) 334 7679
- Contact person: Yanet Canales email@example.com
- Rate: single USD 65 /night, double USD 75 /night
Hotel Eurotel (Recommended by the organizers)
- Guardia Vieja 285, Providencia
- Phone / Fax: (562) 251 6111
- Contact person: Alejandra Cárdenas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rate: single or double USD 65 /night
- Hotel NH Santiago City
- Avda. Condell 40, Providencia
- Phone: (562) 341 7575
- Fax: (562) 269 1079
- Contact person: Laly García email@example.com
- Rate: single or double USD 85 /night
- Rent a Home Apart Hotels
- Contact person: Carmen Alarcon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (562) 234 2314
- Fax: (562) 233 2266
- Note: Transfer from the airport is included in the price.
If you are looking for a high end hotel we suggest Sheraton or Hyatt.
Some places we recommend visiting in a short trip are:
- In the city:
- One day trips from the city
- Casablanca valley -- wine valley on the way to the coast, well known for its white wines. You can visit many vineyards along the way (some have excelent places to eat).
- Valparaiso -- pintoresque port city close to Santiago, part of UNESCO's Humankind's Heritage.
- Isla Negra -- another one of Pablo Neruda's house, now a museum which houses hundreds of items collected by the poet (see Fundación Pablo Neruda for more information)
- Viña Santa Rita
- Viña Concha y Toro
- Weekend trips