Assistant Professor. Departamento de Matematicas.
Universidad Andres Bello
email: jaliste at dim.uchile.cl
First Chilean-French Congress on Combinatorics and Dynamics. Cap d’Hornu. January 2012. See webpage
I am an assistant professor at the Departamento de Matemáticas at Universidad Andrés Bello in Santiago, Chile. Previously, I was a postdoctoral fellow (funded by Fondecyt Project 3100097) at the Centro de Modelamiento Matemático, University of Chile. Between September and December 2009, I was a Junior Research Fellow at the Erwin Schrödinger Institute for Mathematical Physics in Vienna, Austria.
I obtained my Ph.D. from University of Chile and University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis (joint program). My advisors were: Alejandro Maass from U. Chile and Jean-Marc Gambaudo (U. Nice). I also hold an engineer title from University of Chile. My engineering’s memoire was supervised by Felipe Alvarez.
I contribute to the GNOME Project and I am a proud member of the GNOME Foundation. I code mostly for Evince and Gedit. In particular, I am the maintainer of the SyncTeX plugin for Gedit, which allows SyncTeX integration between Gedit and Evince.
- Nonperiodic tilings and Delone sets.
- Dynamical systems and Ergodic Theory.
- Poincaré-Denjoy theory.
- Algebraic combinatorics.
- Algebraic invariant of graphs.
- Linearly repetitive tilings are rectifiable (with D. Coronel and J.-M. Gambaudo). Accepted for publication in Annales de l’institut Henri Poincaré: Analyse non lineaire
- Almost periodic structures and the semiconjugacy problem. (with T. Jäger). Journal of Differential Equations. (2012) 252 Issue 9 pp. 4988–5001.
- Rapid convergence to frequency for substitution tilings of the plane (with D. Coronel and J.-M. Gambaudo). Comm. Math. Phys. (2011) 306, Number 2, 365—380 CMP preprint
- Tower systems for linearly repetitive Delone sets (with D. Coronel). Erg. Theo. Dyn. Sys. (2011) 31 Issue 6 pp.1595—1618 FirstView preprint
- Translation numbers for a class of maps arising from one-dimensional quasicrystals. Erg. Theo. Dyn. Sys. (2010) 30 Issue 2 pp.565—594. etds preprint
- Proper caterpillars are distinguished by the symmetric chromatic function (with J. Zamora). submitted. preprint
- (March 2011) Tower systems for Linearly Repetitive Delone systems. pdf
Workshop on Aperiodic order and Dynamical systems, Bielefeld, Germany.
- (December 2009) Uniform ergodic theorems for linearly repetitive actions. pdf
Dynamical systems seminar, Erwin Schrodinger Institute, Vienna.
- Ph.D. in Mathematical Modelling from University of Chile and Ph.D. in Mathematics from University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis. Dissertation: Contribution to the study of aperiodic tilings: translation theory and statistical properties.
Advisors: Alejandro Maass and Jean-Marc Gambaudo.
- Mathematical Engineering title from University of Chile. Memoire: Implementation of numerical schemes for the Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman Equation,
University of Chile.
Advisor: Felipe Alvarez
- (Sep.-Dec. 2009) Junior Research Fellow, Erwin Schrödinger Institute for Mathematical Physics, Vienna, Austria.
A complete curriculum (in pdf) can be downloaded from here.